TO INSERT A FILM LOOP:
Install the loop with proper orientation to maximize loop life, see BOTTOM VIEW diagram below.
- Place the Lower Roller E inside the Film Loop.
- Locate the Lower Roller E in its slots F on the bottom of the Loop Carrier Frame D.
- Draw the Film Loop towards the top of the Loop Carrier Frame D.
- Insert the Upper Roller into the Film Loop, with the Motor on the right hand side.
* Careful the brass end stops don't catch on any Film Loop image details.
- Lower the Upper Roller and Motor Assembly into retainer slots, ensuring the Motor Locating Pin G is on the top.
- Lower the Loop Tension Door B onto the loop gently.
- Lower the Top Hatch A.
- Apply power to the Film/FX™ machine to check that the Film Loop moves correctly.
- Insert into the iris slot of the appropriate fixture and focus as required.
- Direction can be reversed by changing the position of the GAM Film/FX™ in the drop-in iris slot of your light.
TO REMOVE A FILM LOOP:
- Place GAM Film/FX™ loop machine into a level surface with the Motor on the right hand side.
- Lift the top Hatch Cover A up until it springs upwards.
- Lift the Loop Tension Door B upwards until it springs open.
- Lift the Motor and Upper Roller C forward out of the Loop Carrier Frame D and slide out from inside the Film Loop. (left to right).
* Careful the brass end stops don't catch on any
Film Loop image details.
- The Lower Roller will slip out of its locating slots as the
Film Loop is removed.
FOR USING THE GAM FILM/FX™
It is important to smooth focus the field of the ellipsoidal spotlight before inserting the Film/FX™ into the gate. Hot spots will cause uneven wear on the FX/Loop and shorten its useful life. Be sure that the field is as even as possible with no hot center. Always have the FX/ Loop in motion before the light comes on. Do not allow the section to heat up and shorten the life of the loop particularly if excessive heat is focused on one area.